Insulation is very important to your home’s energy efficiency. It acts as a barrier in your roof, ceiling, and walls, controlling heat gain and loss. Quality insulation will lower energy bills year round by keeping your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. Many people see cost reductions by as much as 40%. It also reduces condensation in your home to prevent mold.
Why Insulation Is Important
The majority of the energy our homes use is in the form of heating or cooling, meaning the potential savings could be hundreds or thousands of dollars over the course of the year. New insulation can also:
- Lower greenhouse emissions by saving energy.
- Keep your home more comfortable in extreme temperatures.
- Reduce noise from outside the home.
- Offer fire resistance in some cases.
There are special laws regarding types and installation of insulation. To keep your home compliant with the law, rely on a professional insulation company in Columbus Ohio and surrounding areas. At Able Roof, we’ve been serving this region since 1986, so we know all the details of local statures. You can be sure the material will meet and exceed R-value minimums.
There are also specifics on the way the insulation is installed. Our professional team has completed countless jobs of insulation in Hilliard, OH. We know how to place the insulation effectively and safely, steering clear of electrical appliances and wires.
Types of Insulation
Insulation comes in many different forms to meet certain needs. At Able Roof, we can help you choose the perfect material for your home or business. We offer several options including:
- Batts and rolls. These flexible fiber sheets are made to fit between standard stud spacing and joints in the floor. They’re very easy to use and just need to be cut to fit. They’re easy to manipulate around wires and pipes, too, for maximum safety and efficiency.
- Blown-in. This loose-fill insulation is made of individual fibers. It may be found in pellet or strand forms and is dumped into open spaces. It works well in spaces with multiple or large gaps since the fibers shift to fit the holes automatically.
- Spray foam. This mixture is initially a liquid. It’s sprayed through a specialized nozzle to fit into any gaps or spaces. Within seconds the mixture expands and hardens into a stiff and efficient material.
It can be difficult to choose which type to use, but we’re dedicated to helping you make the right decision. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and guarantee our handiwork. One of our specialists will examine your home and give professional advice about which product you will benefit from the most.
Why You Should Insulate Before Winter
The snowfall in Ohio is no joke. Neither are the plummeting temperatures and soaring energy costs. It’s best to get new insulation before winter for several reasons.
- Huge savings. Winter means cranking up the heat, and heating a home costs money. Better insulation can cut costs and help you spend more money on the things you love.
- Easier installation. If you wait too long, you might not be able to get the installation done before the winter winds and snow make it impossible. It can be difficult to work around snowfall and holidays, so you might end up having to wait for spring.
- Personalized service. Many people have their home renovations done in the summer, meaning it’s easier to get an appointment and personalized service. If you have your work done before winter, it’ll be incredibly easy to book an appointment.
Why to Choose Able Roof
Any time you’re having work done on your home, you want someone with experience. We’ve been in the business for more than 30 years, and we’ve helped more than 200,000 customers update and improve their homes. Columbus has chosen us as the #1 roofer in central Ohio because we offer:
- Lifetime warranty – it can even be transferred if you ever sell your home.
- Around the clock service on most jobs, 24 hours a day.
- Highest quality materials and products.
- Unbeatable customer service.
- Single-day projects… even the big ones.
- A predetermined start and finish date so you’re not waiting around.
- Free estimates.
- Financing choices that work for you.
- Exceptional value.
- Respect for your choices, schedule, and home.
For most of us, our home is our most valuable possession. Be sure to entrust its care to someone with experience and skill. Call (614) 444-2253 or schedule your consultation online today for insulation in Hilliard, OH.