Have you considered replacement windows? If yours are more than 15 years old, chances are, you’re dealing with a drafts, failing hardware, and high energy costs. Switching out your existing windows for energy-efficient models can bring some awesome changes to your home.
Benefits of New Windows
Old windows account for as much as 30% of a home’s energy bill. Generally, because of the way homes settle, the installation for older windows is inadequate, allowing heat to escape in the winter and hot air in during summer. There are several other benefits besides big savings, too. Replacing your windows means:
- Raised home value. On average, replacement windows return around 75% of the cost during resale.
- Better home safety. Older windows can be a hazard for a few reasons. Many are painted shut, which poses a serious safety issue during a fire. Others are so poorly situated that they can break, possibly leading to injury.
- Better comfort. New windows reduce hotspots and drafty areas in your home so you can enjoy more consistent temperatures.
- Improved soundproofing. Quality windows keep out noise from neighborhood traffic, dogs, lawnmowers, snow-ploughs, and more.
- Less time cleaning. Many new windows are designed to repel dirt and open easier for convenient wipe-downs.
- Fresh curb appeal. New windows give your entire home a facelift. The modern frames provide clean shapes and styles.
- Fresh air. Whether you are spring-cleaning or airing out the house before winter, new windows open and close easier, meaning you can enjoy clean, non-ventilated air any season.
Another awesome feature of new windows is clearer glass. Viewing fall leaves and snow on the tree limbs, while in the comfort of your home, is relaxing and lovely.
The Replacement Process
- Adding new windows can be divided into two main steps: selection and installation. To begin, decide what type of windows you’re looking for. Ask yourself the following questions:
What size do I want? Adding larger windows is no small project, but professionals can make it easier than you may think. Consider changing the dimensions while you’re switching out the windows.
- Which shape suits my style? It’s hard to go wrong with classic rectangular windows, but there are plenty of other designs too. Square, arched, triangular, and round are some of the most common alternatives. Try choosing a shape that complements the architecture of your home.
- How do I want them to open? There are plenty of different styles to choose from. Some types are better suited for families with children. Take sliding glass, for example. They can be forced shut with special locks for better security.
Window Installation With Able Roof
Installation is the second step, and it’s just as important as choosing the right style. It’s crucial that your new windows are installed professionally. An amateur job could lead to drafts, leaks, structural damage to your home, and broken glass or frames. If you’re looking for window replacement in Columbus, Ohio, you’re looking for Able Roof.
There are two things we hold above everything else: incredible customer service and impeccable craftsmanship. We’re so confident in the skill of our team that every job we do comes with a lifetime guarantee. You can even transfer that warranty to the new owners if you sell your home. When we say lifetime, we mean it.
Your home deserves the best materials, too. All our windows offer the best R-value on the market. This number is a measure of how much heat the windows will transfer. The higher the number, the better the insulation. The rest of the industry uses windows with a rating of R-3. Able Roof provides incredible value and windows with an amazing R-10.
There are plenty of other benefits when you choose Able Roof. With Central Ohio’s #1 roofer, you get:
- Free estimates. Shopping around is part of making a decision. We’re so confident in our value, we’ll never charge you for a consultation or estimate.
- Experience. Able Roof has been in the business since 1986. With more than three decades of experience, you can rest easy with your home in our care.
- Fusion welding. The corners of our frames are fusion-welded for incredible strength and durability. They also prevent leaks and drafts better than any other option.
- Multi-layer weather stripping. Every window we install includes a five-layer strip for maximum longevity.
Adding new windows will upgrade your home with a better interior aesthetics, higher efficiency, and boosted curb appeal. Enjoy seeing the outdoors all year long – our windows have 27% more viewing area than the competition. Call Able Roof at (614) 444-2253 to discuss your window ideas or arrange for your free estimate.