9 Warning Signs that Indicate You May Have a Problem with Your Roof
Your roof does a lot for your home. And it sure does withstand a great deal of stress – rain, snow, heavy wind, extreme heat… that’s why it is important to have a quality roofing company handling your roof repair needs. Columbus Ohio is home to many roofing companies, but Able Roofing is superior in many ways.
At Able Roofing, we encourage you to frequently inspect the state of your roof to avoid disaster, and prolong its life. As your roofing experts, we’ll even do that for you – with a free inspection of your roof to determine any roof repair requirements.
Since 1986, our team of roofing specialists has been helping homeowners maintain the lives of their roofs via roof repair; but we also offer the following services:
- Roof Installation
- Roof Restoration
- Exterior Doors
- …and so much more!
Put simply, we offer “the complete package.”
How do you know when you need roof repair, Columbus Ohio? There may be warning signs that indicate you have a problem with your roof.
This is a sign of a leaky roof. Check the following:
- The attic and any crawl spaces for leaks in the deck.
- The chimney and/or vents for cracks.
- The rooftop for any visible shingle damage.
- The eaves for any water backup.
Damaged flashing can sometimes be repaired without a total roof replacement.
- It may be caused by faulty installation of the roofing system or severe weather.
- In older Columbus OH roofs, the problem can be due to drying or cracking of the sealant and flashing material.
Like Damaged flashing, missing shingles can often be repaired without having to replace the entire roof.
- They may be caused by improper fastening or exposure to high winds.
- Shingles can be replaced individually.
Buckling & Curling
- Buckling may be caused by improperly applied felt or movement in the deck.
- Curling may be caused by the deck being under saturated.
- Insufficient ventilation can lead to both buckling and curling.
Blistering is visible damage that requires roof repair, and can be caused by:
- Moisture in a shingle(s).
- Insufficient ventilation.
- Improper application – over a wet deck.
Fungus growth is only an aesthetic problem. It typically will not impact the life of your roof.
- May be caused by the growth of airborne fungi.
- May be caused by algae deposits building up on your roof.
- Under normal circumstances, a number of granules may be loose after application; however, when they are found on aging shingles, replacement is needed.
- Often times, loss of granules is a result of hail.
- This is a common problem that occurs with organic-based shingles.
- Rotting is caused by moisture absorption.