Are you thinking about buying replacement windows for your home? Switching old windows out with new ones can save you money on heating and cooling, make your home more comfortable, add resale value and make your exterior more attractive. Not all new windows are created equal. Some replacement windows are made of inferior quality materials and won’t save you much money at all. It’s important to choose a window replacement company that offers quality products, beauty and value. Here’s how buying cheap windows will cost you more in the long run.
You may also like: The $189 Window Myth: Can I Really Get a Window for That Price?
When Consumer Reports tested several major brands of windows, they found major differences between brands. They exposed windows to heavy, driving rain, winds of up to 50 miles per hour and temperatures between zero and 70 degrees. They found each showed different levels of water and air leakage. Just because windows are made by a well-known manufacturer doesn’t mean they’re made to the highest standards.
New windows are a major investment, so it’s important homeowners know everything they can before they make their purchase. Look for quality in each of the most important features, rather than just taking the manufacturer’s word.
What to Look For
- Low-E coating. Manufacturers apply this coating to the outside of windows to reflect harmful ultraviolet rays. In cold climates, it can be applied to the inside to reflect heat back in. Windows that lack Low-E coating won’t save you as much. Low-E coating also keeps furniture from fading, so it saves you money in costly replacements.
- Tilt-in sashes. This feature allows your windows to be tilted in for cleaning. Not only do your windows let in more light when they’re clean, sparkling windows make it more likely to sell for your asking price if you put your home on the market.
- Warranty. Any installer who sells you a product but doesn’t warranty materials and installation can end up costing you money. Each home is unique, and it takes an expert to get windows correctly sized and fitted.
Able Roof Provides Quality Window Replacement
Able Roof offers quality windows and unbeatable value. Our replacement windows are beautiful, functional, and come in a variety of styles with the following features:
- Custom-cut dimensions to the nearest quarter-inch for a perfect fit.
- Double-pane argon glass with a Low-E coating.
- Superior frame construction with polyurethane insulation.
- Lexan night latch keeps your home safe from break-ins.
We offer lifetime transferable warranties on both our windows and our work. If your window ever fails, you have no out-of-pocket expense, no matter how long it’s been since we put them in. Find out how our financing options make new windows even more affordable. Contact our Columbus, Ohio window replacement experts today.