You don’t want to replace your windows in the extreme heat of summer. You also don’t want to do it during the winter and risk ending up with rain, sleet or snow in your living room. The best time to replace windows is when weather is mild, typically in spring or fall. For best results, schedule your window replacement in Columbus right when the temperature begins to change. Even if the nights get cool, days will still be pleasant.
Why Weather Matters
The weather in Columbus, Ohio, is nearly perfect in September and October, with daytime highs in the high 70’s to mid 60’s. Even in November, most days reach the low 50’s. Installing windows when temperatures are pleasant keeps you from having to crank up the heat to stay comfortable during installation.
Once your installer sets your new windows, the next step is to make sure they are sealed. Manufacturers recommend latex caulk be applied between 40 and 80 degrees. Silicon caulk can be applied in colder temperatures, but it flows most smoothly on days that aren’t too cool.
Extreme temperature fluctuation can cause construction materials to expand and contract. Installing windows when the weather is mild gives surfaces and sealants a chance to sit at optimal temperature.
Getting Ready for Installation
Before your contractor arrives, here are a few things you can do to make sure the job goes smoothly.
- Clear away or cut back underbrush that makes windows difficult to reach.
- Be sure to deactivate a security system that’s attached to your current windows.
- Find a place for pets to stay comfortable away from the work.
- Take down curtains and other window treatments to provide easy indoor access.
Benefits of Installing New Windows
Replace your home’s older windows to improve energy efficiency throughout the year. Old windows cause heat loss, condensation and discomfort during winter and fall. The dramatic energy efficiency provided by new windows means that before long, they almost pay for themselves. Here are some of the additional benefits of getting new windows from Able Roof this fall.
- Lower HVAC costs. Your heating and air conditioning unit won’t have to work as hard to maintain a comfortable temperature. Reduced load will help it last longer. When you have to replace your system, high-performance windows may let you buy a smaller, less expensive model.
- Enhanced comfort. Cold glass from old windows creates the drafts that make you shiver all winter. Direct sunlight streaming through in the summer makes you sweat. Energy-efficient windows make every room of your home more comfortable.
- Improved view and sunlight. Able Roof’s windows have repel technology, so they resist dust, dirt and moisture to keep your windows clean.
Why Call Able Roof in Columbus, Ohio?
Columbus residents trust Able Roof because we deliver quality products and reliable service. Our windows come in a variety of colors, styles and materials, so we have something for every taste.
Every window is double pane with argon-filled insulated glass and has the Energy Star seal of approval. We provide clear, defined start and finish dates so you know you won’t be left in the cold. Our flexible financing makes new windows affordable no matter your budget. Contact us today for a free estimate.